MSA Towing Mirrors extend your view past a trailer for towing, while also being suitable for everyday driving. The adjustable pivot design allows you to fit your 4wd into garages and tight parking spaces without having to remove the mirrors.
These fantastic mirrors are designed to ensure that whether you’re driving a camper trailer, boat, horse float, caravan or four-wheel-drive, you enjoy a wide, unobstructed and clear visual of the road and traffic behind you. Plus, without the need to remove your mirrors when you’re in the city or parking your vehicle, they’re convenient in every way.
- Can be adjusted to suit the viewing angle and preferences of any driver. Vertical and horizontal adjustment caters to drivers of differing height and seated positions
- Simple to fit. MSA 4X4’s Towing Mirrors mount onto your vehicle door in the same position as your existing mirrors
- Large, single mirror allows you to see your caravan/trailer sides without being confusing for everyday driving
- Slightly curved glass for even more vision, but not too curved that its distracting
- Unique pivot design allows the mirrors to maintain normal everyday position dimensions, whilst allowing for easy further extension
- Designed for towing caravans, camper trailers, trailers, boats and horse floats
- Available to suit a growing range of tray backs and towing vehicles
- Heavy duty extension arm allows for smooth position adjustment without compromising long term durability or functionality
- Does not need to be removed when the vehicle is not towing, as they can easily be adjusted or retracted to fit into tight parking spots or garages
- High quality aluminium to ensure the mirrors are suitable for exposure to extreme outback and off-road conditions
- Complete ADR compliance
- Infills are available with complete compatibility
Why install our towing mirrors?
There are many reasons why your caravan, four-wheel-drive or campervan needs MSA 4×4 mirrors.
For one, they’re designed by expert offroad and camping enthusiasts so they’re perfect for ensuring uncompromised and unparalleled rear view vision.
Secondly, they’re extraordinarily convenient as they don’t need to be taken off when you’re not towing. These highly adjustable and retractable mirrors are manufactured to make your life easier in every way.
Thirdly, the extended vertical position and four different, unique position modes, allow you to use your towing mirror the way you need. They’re the perfect all-rounder accessories whether you’re driving through the city or through the bush.
Last but not least, our mirrors are tough and durable enough to keep pace with your adventure wherever it takes you!
Towing Mirrors Installation Guide
Installing your towing mirrors is easy and intuitive. In order to get them in the right spot, there are a few tips to know.
- Stand at the back corner of your caravan, campervan or trailer. By looking up the side of your vehicle, the inside edge of the towing mirror should be in line with the side of the van.
- Stand in line with the rear corners of your van, trailer or caravan about 200-metres back. You need to be able to see the entirety of the mirrors for them to be in the legally required position.
- Sit in the driver seat of your four-wheel-drive or campervan. If you have an unobstructed view of the traffic and road through the mirror, and can see the back side corners of the trailer or camper van on both sides, your mirror is in the right place.
As a general rule, the mirrors should provide about 4 metres of view of the road behind you.
Remember: The air pressure from passing road trains, environmental conditions and elements, or even bumping along uneven or rough terrain can cause your mirrors to move and shift. Make sure you adjust your mirrors and keep their alignment straight regularly for safety and legal compliance purposes.
All about your new MSA Mirror
MSA is one of the leading suppliers of quality 4×4 accessories in Australia. The MSA Mirror is a good example of their dedication to 4WD, camper trailer and caravan enthusiasts who want to maximise their safety on the road. These mirrors are designed to optimise your visibility and provide full vision of the road behind – essential when you’re towing and have limited visibility.
Whilst these mirrors are designed to suit certain makes and years of vehicles, they can be adjusted to provide the best angle and height; the curved glass also helps increase your viewing ability. Since these mirrors are designed to suit your vehicle, they don’t need to be removed for daily driving (unlike many other mirrors that are too cumbersome to be left in situ when you’re not towing). In fact, once fitted, your MSA Mirror won’t look out of place because it’s designed to match your vehicle, so leaving them in place is no hardship.
They also have a patented extension slide that lets you move the mirror further away for towing and back towards your vehicle for daily driving. This is one of the features that makes these mirrors a great buy because the mirrors don’t permanently protrude from your vehicle and don’t get in the way of parking in narrow garages. They also allow drivers and passengers to get in and out of cars parked next to your vehicle without trying to negotiate around a towing mirror that gets in their way. You can just slide the mirrors back towards your vehicle when you’re parked and everyone’s happy!
There’s an MSA Mirror to suit most makes of vehicles including:
- Grand Cherokee Jeeps.
- Mazda BT50.
- Mitsubishi Pajero Sport and Triton.
- Nissan Navara and Patrol.
- RAM 1500.
- Toyota LC70 – LC79 Series.
- Toyota Fortuner and Hilux.
- Toyota Landcruiser LC200 and Prado.
- Volkswagen Amarok.
- Ford Everest.
- Ford Ranger.
- Holden Colorado.
- Isuzu D-Max and MU-X.
Benefits of towing mirrors
The biggest benefit of towing mirrors is visibility. In fact, your mirrors need to provide visibility along the entire length of your caravan or camper trailer for at least 20m from the mirror. Most 4WD vehicles or SUVs are narrower than the caravan or trailer they are towing, so without a towing mirror, your visibility is not only impeded but there’s also a big blind spot towards the rear of your tow. Yet, we have seen numerous vehicles on the road towing huge caravans without adequate towing mirrors.
This lack of visibility not only results in accidents but can also get you in hot water with the police because adequate visibility is a legal requirement in Australia. Police can stop you on the road and check whether you have towing mirrors fitted and whether your visibility is impeded or blocked. Don’t think that a reversing camera will get you out of trouble because it won’t!
So if you want a good quality towing mirror, then an MSA Mirror is a great choice for your next road trip. Don’t forget to check out the latest in fashionable apparel from Dunn and Watson and be the envy of your mates!
For more information on MSA Mirrors for your vehicle, call us on 1300 210 549 or send us an email enquiry. We look forward to hearing from you!