Great for lining the floor of campers and trailers. You can also use this product to wrap drawer systems and vehicle fitouts.
Everything you need to know about Trailer & Ute Tray Carpet
This Trailer & Ute Tray Carpet is ideal for lining camper trailers and Ute trays (with or without canopies). It’s also used to line drawers and as occasional matting in caravans and RVs and even as an outdoor surface underneath your 4WD awning or inside a tent. There are multiple uses for the Trailer Parts Direct Ute Tray & Trailer Carpet making it a very versatile piece of gear for tradies and campers.
What sizes are available?
This vehicle carpet is available in one width of 2m and it can be cut in 1m lengths. So you can purchase as much or as little as you need for your project. Simply measure your tray, trailer, drawers or exterior awning, calculate how much you need and let us know. We will precision cut the carpet and you can then trim it to fit, if needed, during its application.
Features of the Trailer & Ute Tray Carpet
This carpet has a velour face texture which means that it has a very short and dense cut pile that’s comfortable, easy to clean and looks good. Soft short pile carpets are ideal for situations where you might be walking around on bare feet (as they don’t prickle your feet) and also where you might easily tread in dirt and sand (deeper piles collect more of this debris).
The Trailer & Ute Tray Carpet also has a rough latex backing for two very good reasons. First, is because it helps to weatherproof that back of the carpet so that water or rain that might seep under the carpet doesn’t soak through into the pile. This keeps any equipment or gear that’s on top of the carpet dry at all times (as well as keeping your feet dry). The second reason is because the rough latex backing provides a non-slip base so the carpet won’t move around. This feature is important when you use it to line camper trailers and Ute trays because you don’t want your equipment or whatever you are carrying to be thrown around as the carpet slips over the metal surfaces. So the latex surface provides a weatherproof and non-slip backing to the carpet.
Also, when you want a liner for your trailer or tray, you want something that’s strong and flexible, which is why we recommend this particular carpet. It’s been designed so that it easily fits around corners which is very important when you want to fit it to a trailer or tray. It also holds its strength well when it’s cut, so there’s no bare or thready patches.
- Velour face textures
- Latex backing (rough)
- Strong and flexible
- Cut to length
Applications of the Vehicle Trailer & Ute Carpet
This Trailer & Ute Tray Carpet is designed as a surface layer to line Ute trays, camper trailers and external surfaces when camping. It can also be used to line drawers.
- Lining Ute trays: There are different types of tray liners, but what makes this carpet special is its non-slip backing and durability. An alternative option are tub liners that are a hard moulded plastic, however, the problem with these is that they are very slippery when wet and get blistering hot in the sun. Heavy loads can also cause the hard plastic liner to rub against the painted tray stripping off the paint and allowing it to quickly rust. Another option is a spray-on coating which also becomes hot in the sun and can wear easily on the tailgate. Rubber mats are better than both of these options but can be hard on the feet and aren’t very comfortable or good looking. We believe that our Ute Tray & Trailer Carpet trumps all of these alternatives, because it doesn’t get slippery when wet, doesn’t get hot in the sun and the latex backing doesn’t rub against the painted steel. It also looks great!
- Lining camper trailers: You can line the inside of your camper trailer with this carpet as it helps to prevent your gear from sliding around in transit and keeps everything safe from potential damage. Most people don’t bother to line their camper trailers, but it does make a difference when you travel a lot. There’s also the option of lining open trailers with this carpet, as it can be hosed off easily and can be left exposed to the elements.
- External surfaces: Whenever you’re camping there’s always a need for floor coverings, but you want them to be non-slip, comfortable on your feet, easy to clean and great looking. The Ute Tray & Trailer Carpet ticks all these boxes and can be used inside or outside tents, under awnings and inside your camper trailer.
- Lining drawers: Another useful option for this carpet is to cut it down to size and use it to line your drawers in the back of your Ute or 4WD. Most people find that lining their drawers with something is better than leaving the bare metal exposed, particularly tradies and campers. The carpet lining will help to prevent items rolling around inside the drawers and stop all the banging and clattering when items are stored in metal drawers that aren’t lined.
How to order the Trailer & Ute Tray Carpet
Once you have taken your measurements, you’re ready to order your carpet. Remember that this Trailer & Ute Tray Carpet is only available in 2m widths, so make sure that you order sufficient carpet for your project. When you make your order you will be doing so in quantities where one order equals one linear metre. For example,
- Quantity ordered = 1; you receive carpet that’s 2m wide x 1m in length
- Quantity ordered = 2; you receive carpet that’s 2m wide x 2m in length
- Quantity ordered = 5; you receive carpet that’s 2m wide x 5m in length, and so on
If you want multiple separate lengths, simply give us a call and we will put together a customised order for you. This means that you might want 1 piece of carpet that’s 2m wide x 2m in length, but also another piece that’s 2m wide x 3m in length.
FYI: The smallest quantity order is 2m wide x 1m in length (which is one order), any other lengths will need to be a custom order.
If you need help deciding how much Trailer & Ute Tray Carpet to order for your project, simply give us a call 1300 210 549 or send us an email enquiry.
• Velour face textures
• Latex backing (rough)
• 2m Wide
• Cut to length
• Perfect mix of strength and flexibility to fold around corners
• Quantity of 1 equals 1 linear metre (2000 * 1000)
If you are purchasing this vehicle carpet for a drawer system you are building yourself you might like to consider our ranger of drawer slides and locks and handles.