Are you looking for an easy and convenient solution for camping? Then the Trailer Parts Direct roof top tent is the answer! Lightweight, strong and water resistant, our tent is ideal for 4WD canopies and SUVs. It’s easy to mount on your roof rack, and super-easy to set up and pack away (the process takes seconds).
If you’ve lost the passion for caravans, camper trailers and ground tents, a tent on your roof is perfect! You just attach it to your roof rack and away you go. There’s no messing around with hitches and there’s no worries about reversing or parking. In fact, you can park anywhere and be off the next morning in the blink of an eye. Talk about free camping!
Our roof top tents are compatible with solar panels and side awnings (to expand your enclosed living spaces), but are fine just on their own. The lightweight and user-friendly design makes it easy for one person to set it up and pack away.
Sleep in comfort
With a 70mm thick foam mattress and a spacious interior, you can sleep comfortably off the ground and protected from the elements. To save time and storage space, you can leave your bedding set up, so you just pop the top and slip between the sheets for a good night’s rest.
Sets up in seconds
Our roof top tent is the ultimate is fast setups! Simply unclip the straps, push the cover up and the internal heavy duty struts (up to 30kg) open the tent for you in seconds. Packing up is just the reverse process and you can drive off in seconds. With a 2.3m retractable aluminium ladder, getting up and down is super-easy as well.
Protection from the elements
The body and sides of the tent are made from a thick poly cotton canvas that’s weatherproof, so you’ll be nice and snug in your tent, regardless of the weather. If it’s cold outside you can zip the front flap closed and if it’s hot you can leave the flaps open and enjoy the breezes flowing through the fly mesh. There’s also a rear awning for additional shade. When you pack it all away and head off down the road, the protective shell (made from powder coated honeycomb aluminium panel) and a rubber seal keep everything safe from the weather.
Sleeping up and off the ground is a great idea, as it keeps you safe from snakes, feral dogs, kangaroos and creepy crawlies. It also helps to increase security if strangers wander into your camp, as you are off the ground. The canvas doors can also be locked for extra security.
The superior design of our roof top tents provides ample storage, security, comfort and protection from the elements. The struts are heavy duty and the aluminium shell keeps everything safe from dust, dirt, rain and minor knocks.
Features of our roof top tents
- Streamlined shell made from powder coated, lightweight, honeycomb aluminium panel. Panel thickness is 20mm.
- Extra insulation liner added inside the top shell.
- Rubber seals to keep the tent safe from the elements when packed
- Optional roof racks for extra storage on the road
- Heavy duty 30kg gas struts to keep the tent open
- 280GSM Poly-cotton canvas (tear resistant)
- 100% Waterproof and breathable
- Lockable side and end doors with fly screen mesh
- Super 70mm thick high density foam mattress. Mattress comes with removable and washable cotton bed linen.
- Anti-condensation mat placed underneath the mattress.
- 2.3m retractable aluminium sliding ladder
- 2 mounting rails underneath the tent for easy installation. Mounting brackets included.
- Ceiling storage net and two side pockets
- Rear awning for extra shade
- 2 year warranty
Roof top tents – Two size options
- Internal size – 2170mm L x 1200mm W x 1450mm H
- Closed size – 2250mm L x 1280mm W x 160mm H
- Weight – 69kg
- Internal size – 2170mm L x 1350mm W x 1450mm H
- Closed size – 2250mm L x 1430mm W x 160mm H
- Weight – 73kg
Due to the size of this item, there will be additional delivery costs on top of the calculated freight if you do not have a forklift on site to receive the item. Please let us know if you don’t have a forklift available for delivery when you place the order and we will contact you with the costs or alternative delivery options.