Through its smart design, the Dometic Dust Reduction System (DRS) minimises the amount of dust, harmful airborne particles and pollens that can enter your caravan and remain suspended in the air for an extended time after stopping. To ensure top performance, the Dometic DRS has been developed using advanced computer modelling and has undergone extensive performance testing in Australia’s dusty country with some seriously impressive results. The unit is fitted to the roof of the caravan and operates while the vehicle is in motion. There are no motors or electrical parts so there’s no need for power. The easiest way to keep your caravan clean? Don’t let dust enter in the first place!
The Dust Reduction System (DRS) will dramatically reduce the amount of dust entering the caravan and begins working automatically when the vehicle is in motion. Basically, when the caravan is in motion, the air in the caravan is pressurised and the DRS allows the clean air to flow into the caravan and the airflow pushes out the airborne dust from other spaces and reduces additional dust from entering. Most dust particles are filtered out of the incoming air and this means less dust remains in the caravan. When you get to your destination, you can start enjoying yourself right away without needing to spend all your time cleaning your caravan. The DRS has been heavily tested in the dusty countryside of Australia. Even when driving behind another vehicle on a dusty road, a significant reduction of dust getting in and remaining in the vehicle was recorded, compared to when the DRS was not in use. Another benefit of having a Best Reduction System in your caravan is that fact that reducing the dust and other airborne particles where you sleep can be much better for your health.
- Significantly reduces the amount of dust, harmful airborne particles and pollens entering the caravan
- Filters out dust particles with a PM10 filter
- Dust filters can be easily replaced from inside the caravan
- Reduces cleaning time after caravan trip
- Non-powered operation requires no opening or closing of vents
- Fits roof openings between 285 x 285 mm and 400 x 400 mm and roof thicknesses between 30 mm and 65 mm
- Low profile rooftop unit is extremely lightweight at approximately 5 kg
Size: 473mm L x 444mm W x 245mm H
Weight: 5 kg
Ventilation opening: 150 sq cm