Designed and manufactured in South Africa, the ALPHA AX27 Clamshell Rooftop Tent brings together The Bush Company’s many years of experience in aluminium manufacturing with first hand experience of touring/camping to deliver an innovative yet proven product that sets new benchmarks in quality, practicality and reliability, plus the convenience of setting up/packing down in under 90 seconds.
Whether you are looking for your first roof top tent or upgrading your existing setup, the ALPHA Clamshell Roof Top has a number of unique features that will leave you knowing from the outset that you made the right choice. The basic dimensions of the ALPHA are listed below, but check out the full product description below to see a full list of the features and find out why we believe this is the best roof top tent on the market.
Please not that this item does not include the roof racks or solar panel.
Clamshell Roof Top Tent – ALPHA Key Features:
- External Length: External Frame 2.25m /7′ 4.6″ (2.32m / 7′ 7″ inc hinges & handles)/ internal (mattress) 2.15m (7′ 0.6″)
- External Width: External 1.4m (4′ 7.1″), 1.45m (4′ 9″) including gas struts, / internal (mattress) 1.3m (4′ 3.6″)
- Height (exterior, closed): 28cm (10.7″) including roof rails and base extrusions
- Max Height (exterior, open): 1.77m (5′ 9″)
- Max Height (interior, headroom open): 1.7m (5′ 7″)
- Internal Mattress: Length 2.13m / 7′, Width 1.28m / 4′ 2″
- Weight: Approximately 99kg (218lbs) excluding telescopic ladder
- Standard fitting kit/brackets included with tent.
- Fully seam welded lightweight alloy frame with high quality powder coated finish.
- 2m (6′ 6.7″) long cargo rails welded to side of the roof, suitable for attaching accessories or the optional roof load bars .
- Internally reinforced roof load rated to 200Kg (440lbs) when roof closed, gas struts able to open unaided with 50kg (110 lbs) on roof.
- ‘Ezi-Solts’ folded into sides of base and roof for easy attachment of accessories such as awnings, hi-lift jacks, light bars etc.
- Two layers of 310g poly cotton rip stop mould and mildew resistant canvas on body of tent with the back of the outside layer coated to enhance thermal properties..
- Large easy set up external on piece rainfly covering sides and rear as standard
- All entry points use YKK zips and have external storm door, high quality midge mesh and internal canvas door.
- Internal wired LED light (shines white, yellow or red).
- Two sets of electrical sockets each with twin USB, CIG Socket plug, mounted to internal roof.
- 12cm (4.7″) of storage space above mattress when tent closed, so plenty of room for bedding, pillow, fishing rods, rifles etc.
- 6 storage pouches on inside of roof, 2 large pouches on each side at foot end and convenient water bottle pockets on each side at head end.
- 80mm / 3.2″ thick mattress slit half super high density and half medium density with removable zipped canvas cover.
- Thermal marine carpet underneath mattress and carpeted internal roof.
- Telescopic 2.6m (8′ 4.3″) aluminium ladder with attachment points at rear and sides, comes with canvas storage bag.
- Four heavy duty 20mm (0.08″ high) aluminium rails with M8 extrusion on sides and base underneath tent running cross ways for easy fitment.
- 2 Year conditional warranty.
- Please Note: We recommend you air out your roof top tent every 4 – 6 weeks and also after any heavy rain. Failure to do so can cause moisture which left unattended will lead to mold.
- Please Note: We recommend you remove bedding and pillows when RTT not in use. Failure to do so can cause moisture which left unattended will lead to mold.
- Please Note: If tent isn’t completely dry when packed away we recommend setting back up to air out when possible. Putting away wet or even damp will create a build up of moisture which left unattended will lead to mold.